1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

CSS link question

Hello everyone,

I am working on a website. Originally I have the menu item bold for the specific page. For example, on the about.html page, the "about" in the navigation menu is bold. However, in order to update the menu more effectively, I created a file called navig.html to be included in every page using SSI. The problem now is that I can no longer bold the text (for example, "about") for each page. I used the CSS link properties, but the text was bold only when the mouse is over the text, is there anyway in CSS or other alternative (JavaScript, etc) that I can do to keep the specific menu item distinguished from the rest?

Thanks in advance!

Catherine
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

you may be able to do it with SSI, but I dont know...

you'll have to use JavaScript to find out which page you're at (then it'll know which link to distringuish). The other alternative is to use a ASP, CGI, JSP, PHP and so on (that's what I do!)

Hope this helps.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

i think this is best handled by a server-side scripting language, where you can pass a variable in the query string to track the pages...

i have a similar thread started in the php area...(although it's spawed a whole new set of questions, but it's a start)

navigation location highlighting
    Last edited by justin_dago; July 24th, 2002 at 06:46 PM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo