1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Smile CSS Newbie! Help needed!!

Hi all. I'm completely new to css to please bear with me

I need to create this page (image attached) in css. What is the best way to lay out the divs for each column. The navigation at the top needs to be a list which rolls over to a different colour etc.

What would the code look like?

[IMG]C:\Personal\New Folder\page.gif[/IMG]
  3. Contributing User

Good evening,

When you post a link to an image, the image needs to be live on the internet, not a local file on your computer.

You should be able to upload the image in your post as an attachment.

If you click the 'Post Reply' button at the bottom left and go to the main post form and look beneath the smilies, you will see a heading which says 'Attach Files' - click the button underneath!

Once we see the image we'll be able to advise you much better.

Edit: Just read Kravvitz post in another thread, you need 30 posts before you can attach files.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

NM.
    Last edited by Nanomech; September 26th, 2013 at 05:30 PM.
  5. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Welcome to DevShed Forums, Ems100.

As you (may have) found out new users are restricted from posting URLs until they have made 5 posts. You may need to get around this by leaving out the "http://" and putting a space before each ".". Yes this rule is annoying, but the administrators say it's necessary for limiting spam.

An image can be helpful in explaining what is being asked. However, there is also a policy that prevents users from posting attachments until they have 30 posts and have been a member for 30 days, so if needed a site like http://imageshack.us/ can be used to host images.

Originally Posted by Nanomech
    Edit: Just read Kravvitz post in another thread, you need 30 posts before you can attach files.
    You could have posted what I said as a quote
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  7. Contributing User

Evening Kravvits,

You can't expect me to do that, that requires thinking ahead!

Regards,

NM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo