1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

CSS - table border troubleshooting

I use this style for my tables:
    table { border: 0px solid #CC0000; padding:10; background-color: #FFFFFF; margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto }

Every time I create a table it has a visible border, and it shows this in the HTML:
    <table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" width="100%">
    <tr>
    <td width="100%"> </td>
    </tr>
    </table>

And even when I do this:
    table { border: none; padding:10; background-color: #FFFFFF; margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto }

It still creates a table with a visible border.

In both cases, I check the table properties and it shows "0px" as the border. If I change it "0" in the table properties, there is still a visible border.

I can change the border size from 1+, but I can't get it to show an invisible border.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Senior Citizen
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Don't believe 'none' is a supported value for border. This is confusing:
    I can't get it to show an invisible border.
    Try: border-width: 0px;
  5. No Profile Picture

Not working

I just tried:

table { border-width: 0px; border-style: solid; border-color: #CC0000; padding:10; background-color: #FFFFFF; margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto }

It still doesn't work. I create tables and they still have visible borders. Although, when I look in table properties, it says the border size is 0px. When I look in HTML it says table border="1".

I use frontpage, and in frontpage you can create tables and set the border to 0, so that the designer can create a layout without making the viewer see the borders.
  7. No Profile Picture

It seems that it only doesn't work with newly created tables that the CSS is applied to. All former tables, already at table border 0 (before the CSS is applied) will change from 0px-5px.

What's funny is that when I look at the HTML of the tables, whether they are on 0px or 5px, it always says table border 0.
  9. No Profile Picture

border-style: none;

hope that helps...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo