1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Div out of place, help

Would one of you who has some experience offer me some assistance here.
    http://aljones.us/630904vad.php (since I repeat major parts of every page, the php is just a lot of includes)
    I end up with either of two situations, the one you see here where the content div is forced to the end of the navigation div by a clear both -or- the content div stairsteps each of the diary entries where the text of the previous entry is shorter than the image.
    The third column (float right) in green is a space holder for google adds.
    Safe to say, what I want to see is the way the diary is layed out now, but immediately under the top nav bar.
    Any help???
    //al
  3. No Profile Picture

Changed the css so that the content div is position: absolute
    now as I go from page to page ( letter to diary to letter, etc ) the page jumps left and right. Same CSS, same code ( most of it is php includes so I know it's the same! ) don't understand why it would shift left / right?
    Yes, I realize the colours are really bad on *my* navigation but I'll worry about the small stuff when I get it to lay out right.
    Suggestions anyone?
  5. For POny!

I dont understand what you say, but if you want to have the text of the diary to the right of the diary menu (like most websites)
    give both the menu and the container a width and float left.

Right now #content has no width so it will use 100%. (a nice width could be 700px or work with percentages: 30% 60%)

(btw you might want to give that div #additional a position absolute or move it down the tree because it's not very nice positioned there.

P.s. dont forget to remove the excessive use of margin left and right on container btw or it will keep sitting beneath everything.

- I edited my post at 22:55 gmt+1 time

P.p.s A great suggestion instead of this layout is to use a grid system. It's more structured (have a look at 960.gs)

Let me know if you have troubles doing the stuff above.
    Last edited by aeternus; September 29th, 2012 at 04:06 PM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo