1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

My drop Down Menu Disappears Need HELP!!!!

Im doing a project Located Here *** not work safe *** 96.0.176.55/login.php

Please look at the css and html

If you hover over with the mouse on the top navigation were you see Gallery you will notice there is a drop down menu with three separate choices or images...

The problem is when you move the mouse down to the second or third image the dropdown disappears.

Can someone please help?

Thanks
    Last edited by Kravvitz; March 24th, 2011 at 05:18 PM. Reason: added warning about the link
  3. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Welcome to DevShed Forums, mlockhart.

It's a z-index issue. Try increasing the z-index of "#navbar" to at least 510.

Are you aware that your page contains errors? The first step in debugging should always be making sure that your code is valid (in order to rule out any errors as the cause for the problem).
    http://validator.w3.org/

P.S. Next time please include a warning if the site you link to is not "work safe".
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  5. No Profile Picture

thanks and that did work
  7. No Profile Picture

My drop down menu doesn't work either....

Originally Posted by Kravvitz
    Welcome to DevShed Forums, mlockhart.

It's a z-index issue. Try increasing the z-index of "#navbar" to at least 510.

Are you aware that your page contains errors? The first step in debugging should always be making sure that your code is valid (in order to rule out any errors as the cause for the problem).

P.S. Next time please include a warning if the site you link to is not "work safe".
    I have been trying to use a drop down menu on Google Chrome and on a holiday website and various places... but I can't get it to work....

Is it because I've just installed Windows 8? Or am I doing something wrong in my settings?

I couldn't actually use the drop downs on this site either! Please help! (I don't have a clue how to create my own website!... I'm just hoping somebody knows how to fix it!)

Thanks

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo