1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Dropdown over flash?

Well I'm using a dropdown menu type of thing off of dynamicdrive.com... well everything seems good except i can't get the drop down menu to show over the flash image that is directly below, it always get's hidden below it. You can see what i'm talking about by going to http://www.upbeetmusic.com/test/template.htm and putting your mouse over where it says features in the nav bar. View the source and you'll see i even tried puttin gthe flash element in a div tag and changing the z-index, and still no luck. Any suggestions?
  3. Thanks Johnny Hart (BC) R.I.P.

Flash, plug-ins in general, applets, and os generated widgets are not a part of the browser window and are always on top. You may see this, as it is possible to drag or place these elements completely out of the window and onto the desktop.

The most elegant solution is to avoid the conflict. :} Alternatively, you could nest the flash element in a div and cause that div to be {display: none;} while the dropdown is in use.

cheers,

gary
    There are those who manage to build a web site without knowing what they're doing; thereby proving to themselves they do, indeed, know what they're doing.

My html and css workshop, demos and tutorials.
    Ask a better question, get a better answer.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo