Thread: What to edit

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

What to edit

I admit I'm CSS-stupid. I'm putting up a blog and opened style.css. Yow. I'm lost. L-O-S-T.

I am using the (msg me for a URL) theme (Sorry, tried to post a link but it isn't allowed). On the right side is a sidebar. The title of each section is in a light black background.

I want to change the background to the color of the header and footer bars, a pink/purple-ish color.

My questions are 1) where do I find the color code of the top/bottom bars, and 2) where do I change the background to that color?

And, having read my post, I realized I needed to know where would I change the color of the text from white to black, if need be?

Thank you for help.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

for legitimate questions like yours, you can get around the URL-blocking "for new users" by leaving out the "http://" and placing a space between your [dots] like so: www. domain .com/ path/to/your/page-link

Once we can "see" what you are talking about, we can, then, help you.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by DonR
    for legitimate questions like yours, you can get around the URL-blocking "for new users" by leaving out the "http://" and placing a space between your [dots] like so: www. domain .com/ path/to/your/page-link

Once we can "see" what you are talking about, we can, then, help you.
    Thank you. I have run forums and know how the spammers attack. I have a new blog not public yet over 100 spammers signed up in the first week. Too bad they weren't approved

The theme is at fwpthemes. com/igifts-wordpress-theme/

I never understood CSS too well but knew enough to get by. I'm now learning all coding again (lost memory) so am like a newbie back in 1995 again. I truly appreciate any help I can get.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

In your main iGifts theme folder, there is a style.css file.

In that file, look for this:
    Code:
    .sidebar h2 {
    	margin: 10px 0 0 0;
    	padding: 5px 0 5px 34px;
    	background: #373434 url(images/sidebar-tab.png) left center no-repeat;
    	font-size: 15px;
    	font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif;
    	font-weight: bold;
    	text-transform: uppercase;
    	color: #fff;
        text-shadow: 0 1px 0 #000;
    	}
    That is the section you will want to edit to change the background and font color for those title headings.

One issue you will have is with that PNG image in that background rule....[it is the white gift image with a dark gray background on left side next to title text].
    You will need to edit that image to match whatever background-color you choose...or you can just remove it entirely and then adjust the "34px" padding value to compensate.

EDIT: the value for that pink-purple color that you are wanting is: #d23f64 ...in case you were wondering
    Last edited by DonR; July 7th, 2013 at 08:21 PM.
  9. No Profile Picture

Thank you! I looked quickly and did not find it. I copied the Sidebar section and paste it below for you.

Edit: I went back again and then I found it

/* SIDEBAR(S) */

padding: 5px 0 5px 34px;
    background: #373434 url(images/sidebar-tab.png) left center no-repeat;

If I have to adjust the padding, what do I change 34px to?

I see the pink-purple code in there now, thank you again.
  11. No Profile Picture

Changed bg color and font size.

Need to change font size for items in the list and get rid of that horrible img. I see what you mean about padding. The block doesn't quite go to the edge

Thank you

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo