1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Having some problems with floated DIVs

I have a big DIV that has absolute positioning. This is so that I can "open" and "close" it by moving it on-screen or off-screen. The DIV contains some other DIVs. One of them, by far the biggest, is floated to the left. It contains several layers of nested DIVs (only so that I can use the borders to simulate framing and matting around a photo). The next DIV (which should appear to the right of the big one, just contains a <a> tag with text for the time being. However, the <a> tag appears below it instead of to the right of it.

The big container DIV has no width or height values. The frame and mat DIVs also do not have height or width values. The DIV containing the photo (as a background image) does; it uses PHP to determine the height & width of the image, and then the mat and frame DIVs fit around it. I got this to look pretty nice, but I'm wondering if the fact that the outer-most DIV of the frame does not have specified dimensions would cause a problem, even though its dimensions are not ambiguous due to what's inside of it. The DIV containing the "Close Window" link also has a specified height and width.
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Can you post a live link or some HTML and CSS. Also any PHP which may affect it.

Kind regards,

NM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo