1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Floating Divs and Unwanted Holes

Hello all,
    Firstly I'll say I'm glad I found this place. I've been looking for a solution to this problem for a while now, but I'm not even sure how to phrase it so Google can return anything relevant. Hopefully I can explain this clearly:

I have several floating divs, which are graphically arranged thusly (their hierarchy in the code is indicated by numbers):

(1)top left div - (2)div - (3)top right div
    (6)bottom left div - (4)div - (5)bottom right div

All divs are currently floating left contained in a wrapper. The problem I'm having is that the bottom left box is lower than where it ought to be. I know why; the last box is floating left of the bottom right and so it's getting shoved down out of the layout. My question is how do I get that div back up to where it belongs.

Basically the divs are outputting as such ('b' stands for blank):

b

You should also know that the top left div is taller than the other two top divs, and the bottom left div is shorter than the other two bottom row divs.
  3. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Welcome to DevShed Forums, nessinonett.

Please post your code or a link to your page.

When posting code, please place it between [code][/code] tags.

New users are restricted from posting URLs until they have made 5 posts. You may need to get around this by leaving out the "http://" and putting a space before each ".". Yes this rule is annoying, but the administrators say it's necessary for limiting spam.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thanks, I've already found a solution to the problem!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo