1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Floating in lists problem Opera

Hi Guys...

i need help..

I have this problem. in Opera, whenever i float something within li, the bullet number disappears..

I want bullet number visible. Can anyone share some light?

here is the snipplet

Code:
    <style type="text/css">
    	li div{float:left;}
    </style>

<ol>
    	<li><div>List Item 1</div></li>
    </ol>
    thank you!
  3. Thanks Johnny Hart (BC) R.I.P.

The bug , whatever it is, is fixed in Opera10. So, the question is, why do you need to float the contents of li?

cheers,

gary
    There are those who manage to build a web site without knowing what they're doing; thereby proving to themselves they do, indeed, know what they're doing.

My html and css workshop, demos and tutorials.
    Ask a better question, get a better answer.
  5. Eager to learn
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

I agree with Gary. However, this is just a guess, but can you try clearing that float? Maybe that will do it..
    "Quality of responses may vary. I reserve the right to change my mind for any reason what-so-ever without admitting I was wrong. I'd prefer to change your mind however, it's easier on my ego". - jwdonahue

"so no-one has actually bothered to post an original quote ? what's wrong with making up your own?"
    - marnixR
  7. Eager to learn
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

I don't know what causes this. I submitted to Big John. Removing the float fixes the issue, though I don't know why you wouldn't just float the <li>
    "Quality of responses may vary. I reserve the right to change my mind for any reason what-so-ever without admitting I was wrong. I'd prefer to change your mind however, it's easier on my ego". - jwdonahue

"so no-one has actually bothered to post an original quote ? what's wrong with making up your own?"
    - marnixR

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo