1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Force Opera to use font size less than 10px or 1em

I have set font size to 8px, and IE, FF, Safari and Chrome all respect this and size the font to the value in question, but Opera refuses to comply.

When I tested it, I've found out it wont show fonts that are smaller than 10px or 1em.

Is there a way to force Opera to display fonts less than 10px or 1em?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

not sure if the !important declaration will help?

does opera do this with every website or just this one? have you tested this out by creating a new page with font less than 10px (ie having just one css rule)? in case there is a conflict somewhere in your current css? worth a try..

could it be a usability feature? i.e. that small font sizes will not be able to be read by people?
  5. No Profile Picture

Tnx for reply.

!important does not do the trick.

My correction the smallest font is 9px by some count, because after (or before) 10px you get a little smaller font and thats it. There are no font size change between 1 and 9px.

I guess its Opera feature not to let font's that are less than 10px and bigger than 0px to show in their values.
  7. |<.+#f@#+.&.|
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

No, you cannot force Opera to show smaller fonts. By default Opera has minimum font-size of 10px. This is a browser-setting and can only be changed by the user. Firefox has a similar option it set to none by default. Have in mind that people rely on these features so it is better to make your page readable in any font-size.

http://www.456bereastreet.com/archiv...f_flexibility/
  9. No Profile Picture

Website is quite readable that is not the issue. I need it in just one place, more as a detail than anything. I thought its because of that, now I'm sure.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo