1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Form CSS (black border)

I want to get rid of the 3d look of form elements, and I fancy those simple black-border inputs/buttons.

Here are the CSS definitions I use:

.textfield{border:1px #000000 solid; color:#000000; background:#FFFFFF; padding:1px}
    .button{border:1px #000000 solid; color:#000000; background:#FFFFFF}

This makes the <input class="textfield" etc> tags look the way I want them to - in IE.
    In Netscape 4.6, it results in a square with black border BELOW the form element. Is there a way to get this to work with Netscape?
  3. No Profile Picture
    To understand recursion, you have to understand recursion first!

You should get used

to the fact that NETSCAPE below ver. 6 just partially (and often in a wrong manner) supports the CSS1 (in words ONE) -standard.

As long as you're just playing with fonts, everything should be fine.
    But "difficult" things such as your Form-Elements will make problems in most cases.

Its a pitty but thats the way it is right now ...

BP
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I know..

But what I found rather confusing is that on the page where I copied the CSS from, the inputs just don't have the black border, where on my page they have that ugly square below. The other page has no browser detection or anything like that.

Maybe I'll experiment a little more and then post a more specific question. I just think that in NN things sometimes have not-so-obvious dependencies when it comes to the formatting.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo