1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Help! No way to put 3 divs together

Hi, I'm using de osclass opensource script for a Clasified Ads Site, the thing is I have 3 butons, the (Login, register and publish Ads)
    And I don't have experience in css so I got css code that was working and used it for the 3.

They look good but there is no way to put them together one next to each other.
    I've been searching on the internet and trying different things, and I don't understand why it doesn't work cause I read that I've you use float for the 3 it should work, and nothing no results.... well here I leave you the css code,if someone has a solution I would really appreciate it, if u need more information just tell me and I'll post it immediately! Thank you and happy christmas to all!

Code:
    /* List & Item Search Row */
    .form_publish .search { float:left; width:960px; }
    .form_publish .search #expand_advanced { font-size:11px; margin-left:10px;}
    .form_publish .search .extras { display:none; }
    .form_publish .publish_button { background:#ec4901 url(images/button_link_bg.gif) repeat-x top; border:1px solid #c54f00; float:right; margin:9px 10px 0 0; padding:6px 10px 7px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; border-radius:5px; }
    .form_publish .margin-bottom { margin-bottom: 10px; margin-top: 0px; }
    .form_publish .publish_button a { background:url(images/button_link_icon.gif) no-repeat 0 2px; color:#FFF; float:left; padding-left:15px; text-decoration:none; }
    .form_publish .publish_button a:hover { text-decoration: underline;}

/* Registrarse */

.form_publish2 .publish_button2 { background:#81c736 url(images/button_link_green_bg.gif) repeat-x top; border:1px solid #7ab53a0; float:right; margin: 9px 10px 0 0; padding:6px 10px 7px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; border-radius:5px; }

.form_publish2 .publish_button2 a { color:#FFF; float:left; text-decoration:none; }
    .form_publish2 .publish_button2 a:hover { text-decoration: underline;}

/* Conectarse */

.form_publish3 .publish_button3 { background:#008ef9 url(images/button_link_blue.gif) repeat-x top; border:1px solid #0072ed; float:right; margin: 9px 10px 0 0; padding:6px 10px 7px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; border-radius:5px; }

.form_publish3 .publish_button3 a { color:#FFF; float:left; text-decoration:none; }
    .form_publish3 .publish_button3 a:hover { text-decoration: underline;}
  3. Contributing User

Can you post the HTML please?

Regards,

NM.
  5. No Profile Picture

Hi I'm sorry it took me so long to answer but I'm not home and internet here doesn't work really good.
    Anyway, I found the solution and it was really simple,

Just had to add a simple float 3 times, I had tried it before but was doing something wrong that was why I wasn't getting results.

Anyway thank you for replying!!

Happy Chirstmas!!
  7. Contributing User

Ah good news. You could also give the div's a class and then change the display property like so:

Code:
    .your_divs
    {
        display: inline-block;
    }
    I usually go for the floats too but I'm glad you got it working.

Kind regards and merry christmas!

NM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo