1. Sockless.net
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Help! background-color to td with css

Hi there people,

I have a question about CSS but before I start off asking this question I'll introduce myself.

I'm a new user of this great forum, my name is Dwight and I'm a student on the "Graphical Lyceum Amsterdam" where I follow the education for "Multimedia Designer".

Ok so now you know me a little, I'll start off asking my question.

Question: I have to change the layout for a html page that askes for information from different asp pages, but that's not my problem . The problem is that I have to make some td's a different color -the background that is- but the problem is that I can't change the html page itself (it is automaticly generated and I don't have permission to change it).
    So my question is can someone tell me how I can change the color of some (not all!) td's with CSS without making classes?

Tnx, Dwight
  3. No Profile Picture

There has to be something special about the td's you want to change the background colour of so that the CSS can pick them out of the crowd. There are a number of different CSS selectors so without you letting us see some code (and telling us which td's you want to change the background colour of) all I can do is point you here.
  5. Sockless.net

Yes, I figured out that it has to have something special. Anyway tnx for offering me your help, but I already found the sollution
  7. Thanks Johnny Hart (BC) R.I.P.

Originally Posted by dwightjelee
    Yes, I figured out that it has to have something special. Anyway tnx for offering me your help, but I already found the sollution
    It would be polite, having posted a problem, to at least summarize the solution. ESR's article does a great job of introducing the geek method of using fora and mail-lists.

cheers,

gary
    There are those who manage to build a web site without knowing what they're doing; thereby proving to themselves they do, indeed, know what they're doing.

My html and css workshop, demos and tutorials.
    Ask a better question, get a better answer.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo