1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Need help creating links

Hello,

I am relatively new to CSS. I have a good knowledge of HTML and am slowly learning the basics of CSS.

I have found a bit of code that I really like and would like to use for a project. The code is for a slider.

The slider can be found by googling "sliding image panels with css3 codrops". As a new user I can not post URLs (which are also embedded in the code, so I can not post that either)

What I'd like to do is make this link to 4 subdirectories. So for instance, when you click button 2, it brings up a photo and text representing directory 2, and clicking anywhere on that photo or text takes you to directory 2.

I have tried wrapping <a href> tags around many different parts of the code only to find that all I did was change the font color. I would be satisfied to have the image hyperlinked, or the text, or both, yet all attempts at either have failed.

I'm guessing this must be done in a way that the CSS code likes it, but I just dont know how to do that. Any help is appreciated.

The unmodified source code is here:

Index.html:

[deleted because it contains URLs]
  3. No Profile Picture

hello rick,

i am fairly experienced in CSS and willing to give this a go for you, should be done fairly quickly! Could you post the url or PM me the url and ill see what i can do?

Cheers,
    Sam
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by sam9713
    hello rick,

i am fairly experienced in CSS and willing to give this a go for you, should be done fairly quickly! Could you post the url or PM me the url and ill see what i can do?

Cheers,
    Sam
    Sam,

Thanks, that'd be great. I tried to PM you, but as a new user, I also do not have that privelge.

However, if you google "sliding image panels with css3 codrops", its the first thing that comes up. All the code is there, as well as a demo.

Thanks.
    -rick
  7. No Profile Picture

Oh, and demo1 was the one I planned to use.

-Rick

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo