1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Help customizing my footer

Hey,

I need a bit of help customizing my footer text and and the height of my footer.

I like it to be a bit higher but I cant find that value. Do I just add it next to width or what? Also, where it says "copyright 2013", I'd like for it to say copyright [my company name] and maybe some contact details. Where do I add that text?

I did manage to change the color of the footer and the font size but that's about it.

Here's the footer.php and css. And my website is stepford(dot)se if that helps. Thanks!!!

css
    /************************************************************************************
    Copyright
    ************************************************************************************/
    #social{position:absolute; bottom:10px; right:20px; margin:0; list-style:none}
    #social li{float:left; margin:0 0 0 6px}

/************************************************************************************
    Copyright
    ************************************************************************************/
    #copyright{background:rgb(228, 228, 228); width:960px; margin:0 auto 20px auto; position:relative; padding:10px; color:rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size:15px; border-top:1px solid rgb(255, 255, 255)}
    #copyright p{margin:0}
    #copyright a{color:#999}
    #copyright a:hover{color:#FFF}
    #back-to-top{position:absolute; right:10px; bottom:10px; font-size:11px}

footer.php

<?php
    global $options;
    foreach ($options as $value) {
    if (get_option( $value['id'] ) === FALSE) { $$value['id'] = $value['std']; } else { $$value['id'] = get_option( $value['id'] ); }
    }
    ?>
    <div class="clear"></div>
    </div><!-- /container -->
    </div><!-- /wrap -->
    <div id="copyright">
    &copy Stepford Digital; <?php the_time('Y') ?> <?php bloginfo('name'); ?>
    <?php if ($xs_disable_social_links == "true") { ?>
    <?php } else { ?>
    <ul id="social">
    (href. social links goes here, cant post them!)
    ... </div><!-- /copyright -->
    <?php wp_footer(); ?>
    </body>
    </html>
    Last edited by simich_86; February 16th, 2013 at 03:04 AM. Reason: re-format
  3. Contributing User

Can you re-post your code please? It's all on one line and I don't think you will get many replies. I'm willing to help tohugh if you can re-format.

Instead of pressing the code buttons, manually type and for PHP code.

Always works for me!

Regards,

NM.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Nanomech
    Can you re-post your code please? It's all on one line and I don't think you will get many replies. I'm willing to help tohugh if you can re-format.

Instead of pressing the code buttons, manually type and for PHP code.

Always works for me!

Regards,

NM.
    Thanks, you're too kind! Well, I managed to change the text. Not exactly how I wanted it but... In a perfect world I'd like the copyright be alligned in the center and somehow have contact details to the left. Or everything in the middle like the footer on this site, just to keep things simple. Also, I can't seem to get rid of the semicolon after the company name.

And then the height of my footer... I'd like it a bit higher. That's it! My site is www.stepford(dot)se. So if I got the code wrong maybe you could just view the site in inspect element mode.

Again, thanks you for your patience and help!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo