1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Help with IE6 rendering

Hi guys, pretty new to CSS layout, and recently created a site for my girlfriend. I used 960 grid system to handle my layout css, and it renders perfectly in safari/FF/IE7+... after I installed IE Tester, i realized that IE6 wasnt rendering properly. The menu and z-index stuff arent appearing correctly.

If anyone can have a quick look and let me know where my code is causing issues it would be a great help.

I'm not allowed to post the URL, as im a new user, but I guess I can send through PM if you want to have a look?

Thanks a bunch.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I see some people posting urls, and i dont think I am violating the spirit of the rules here so, the website is viewable at:

linds.ca
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

You're taking an interesting approach with the layout, using a lot of position: relative and min-height. Not necessarily wrong, but there are other ways you could do it.

The main hiccup seems to be the min-height, which IE 6 doesn't support. In some cases, min-height doesn't seem to be necessary for what you're trying to do (for example, you could just set the height of #topSpace, or set a top margin on #navSpace)

A quick fix that seems to get you most of the way there would be to write some special IE 6 rules and use height, such as:

Code:
    /* using * HTML is a hack so only IE 6 will apply these rules */
    * HTML #topSpace {height: 100px}
    * HTML #navSpace {height: 48px}
  7. Banned

Here are all known Explorer bugs (mostly IE6):

http://www.positioniseverything.net/explorer.html

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo