1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hover effects aren't working correctly.

Hello I'm a photographer trying to code my site myself, I'm a control freak and trying to learn css but coding is not my thing.
    I have two different rollover effects on my page but only one part is working.
    The links on the right of photo function correctly when I hover over them, but the links on top don't change as they should. a link to my css file
    Can anyone help me on this? I believe i have the order correct (a:hover follows link and visited) but i'm sure it's an easy fix. Sadly, not for me. Thanks for any help

here is my site: chrisziebarth dot com/test
    My css file is located in /style.css
  3. Thanks Johnny Hart (BC) R.I.P.

You have syntax errors in your css which cause the browser to ignore the :hover and :active colors.

Always start your troubleshooting with a trip to the validators.

In re your markup, whichever resource you used to learn html has led you astray. The use of tables for layout purposes requires non-semantic and poorly structured markup. While once necessary, it is now obsolete by about eight years. Work through the tutorials at htmldog.com, then remark your pages. You'll find it a lot more straightforward than trying to use tables.

cheers,

gary
    There are those who manage to build a web site without knowing what they're doing; thereby proving to themselves they do, indeed, know what they're doing.

My html and css workshop, demos and tutorials.
    Ask a better question, get a better answer.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thanks a million for your help, Your right I did learn this crap 8 years ago and haven't kept up since! Thanks again.

chris

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo