1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

IE bugs with pixels

Hello,

I have website: http://subrjiri.cz/domains/subrjiri....-Povleceni.cz/

There are many problems with IE, I am trying to do everything modern and clear, but too much visitors still come from IE 6.0, 7.0 and 8.0

1) First problem, which is in IE 9, how is search button right-top on website, there should be 1 px from up/right/bottom - works in FF, Opera, Chrome. In IE there is no 1px from UP, if I add top (in CSS), then its bad in FF, Opera, Chrome. In IE is just still 1px wrong with position relative. Can you look on it and give me solution?

2) In IE 6, 7 is total death full website template, don't know why. Can you look on it?

Thanks for help
    Last edited by Kravvitz; October 3rd, 2012 at 04:29 PM. Reason: made the URL into a link
  3. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

1) The first thing to do is set the "vertical-align" property to the same value (probably "top" or "middle") for both the text field and the button.

2a) The implementation of "display:inline-block" in IE6-7 has some issues. You'll need a hack for each to fix it.
    Code:
    *:first-child+html #menu li {display:inline} /* IE7 fix */
    * html #menu li {display:inline} /* IE6 fix */
    2b) You've also run into IE's inherited margin bug
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thank you

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo