Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by Triple_Nothing
    Only the first one draws lines around the "This is a list" items. I try viewing it both IE9 and IE8 w/ no success on the 2nd and 3rd.

EDIT: Firefox displays all 3 borders, as well as the built-in browser for the steam client.
    Chrome works too. (On Windows and Linux.)

Which browsers are you wanting to support? Personally, I do not develop for IE versions earlier than IE9. I do make sure that I have graceful degradation, but the analytics on the sites I maintain don't show a need. YMMV.
    Don't like me? Click it.

Scripting problems? Windows questions? Ask the Windows Guru!

Stay up to date with all of my latest content. Follow me on Twitter!

Help us help you! Post your exact error message with these easy tips!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Well, I run myself in IE9. I don't know their IE version, but we are assuming IE8 at the lowest.
    He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
  5. Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Well, I run myself in IE9. I don't know their IE version, but we are assuming IE8 at the lowest.
    Very good. I'll take a look at IE8+ then.
    Don't like me? Click it.

7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks for your great help. I know we don't exactly have a solution, yet, but I found out they run IE10, so I suppose I can just accept the code since it will work fine in that version. Just kinda debatin if that's really true, tho. They may run IE10 in the office, but when they go cross-country to where ever, what systems do they use then? :-/
    He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
  9. Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

The :first-child and :last-child selectors having shaky support in IE versions earlier than IE9. And the :last-child selector isn't supported at all in those version.

You might be able to get some crazy negative selector to make this work along with :first-child but it is more work than what it is worth.

However, I believe you may be overthinking this. What you are really trying to achieve is a border around the entire row. Why are you styling the individual cells?
    Code:
    .listing tbody tr {
        border: 1px solid #000;
    }
    This works in all browsers.

Your other options is to implement some JavaScript. jQuery can do this for you. But I don't see why you should when you can style the row.
    Last edited by Nilpo; December 29th, 2013 at 10:00 PM.
    Don't like me? Click it.

11. Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Oh, and another side note too. The border-spacing property is ignored when using border-collapse:collapse. So there is no need to include it, even if you are setting it to 0.
    Don't like me? Click it.

13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Well, the reason it is more an individual style is because this is not to be a single row. It will be a list generated by PHP/MySQL, so all the rows are to end up in 1 box. As far as border-spacing, that wasn't working either half the time, so border-collapse is going to be the item used in the end.
  15. Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Well, the reason it is more an individual style is because this is not to be a single row. It will be a list generated by PHP/MySQL, so all the rows are to end up in 1 box. As far as border-spacing, that wasn't working either half the time, so border-collapse is going to be the item used in the end.
    If there are multiple rows, you can style the TBODY.

Also, if you are generating these with PHP, it might be a good idea to add special classes to certain ones (i.e. firstRow, lastRow, firstCell, lastCell, etc.) Then you can override styles as needed without using special CSS selectors.
    Don't like me? Click it.

17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Well, my entire goal from the very beginning was merely to just add the border to TBODY, but of EVERYTHING I've came across, nothing has yet to work. :-S
  19. Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Well, my entire goal from the very beginning was merely to just add the border to TBODY, but of EVERYTHING I've came across, nothing has yet to work. :-S
    TBODY does as long as you declare a proper doctype. I don't think it works in quirks mode.
    Don't like me? Click it.

21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

This is from the View Source end. If I am doing something wrong up here at all, please let me know.
    Code:
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <HTML xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
      <HEAD> 
        <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
        <link href="includes/kdna.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
        <link href="modules/ifrs/ifrs.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
        <title>Kornit Digital North America</title>
        <link href="includes/css/smoothness/jquery-ui-1.10.3.custom.min.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="includes/js/jquery-1.9.1.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="includes/js/jquery-ui-1.10.3.custom.min.js"></script>
        <script src="includes/sorttable.js"></script>
      </HEAD>
  23. Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Are you adding the doctype or is your browser?
    Don't like me? Click it.

25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I am.
    Code:
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <HTML xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
      <HEAD> 
    <?php
          session_start();
          include('includes/db.php');
          error_reporting(E_ALL);
          if(!isset($_SESSION['user']) && $_GET['loc'] != 'login') {
            header('Location: ?loc=login');
            exit;
          }
        ?>
        <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
        <link href="includes/kdna.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
        <?php
          if(!isset($_GET['loc'])) {
            echo '<link href="modules/main/main.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">' . "\n";
          } else {
            echo '<link href="modules/' . $_GET['loc'] . '/' . $_GET['loc'] . '.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">' . "\n";
          }
        ?>
        <title>Kornit Digital North America</title>
        <link href="includes/css/smoothness/jquery-ui-1.10.3.custom.min.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="includes/js/jquery-1.9.1.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="includes/js/jquery-ui-1.10.3.custom.min.js"></script>
        <script src="includes/sorttable.js"></script>
      </HEAD>
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo