1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Not working in internet explorer

Hi i am new here i did a online course on web design a few years ago so i am very very not up to scratch my website works fine in browsers apart from internet explore it works fine in dreamweaver when i preview in ie.
    i am replacing a old website so i built this site then replaced my old site so maybe there is problem with file names the ritediv is notsitting where it should

i am putting nivo slider in when its working properly thats why you may see nivo slider div anyone please point me in the right direction as i have spent hours trying to sort it out and i really need this site up and running thankyou as a new member i am not allowed to post my website anybody any ideas please
  3. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Welcome to DevShed Forums, shonka.

As you found out new users are restricted from posting URLs until they have made 5 posts. You may need to get around this by leaving out the "http://" and putting a space before each ".". Yes this rule is annoying, but the administrators say it's necessary for limiting spam.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  5. No Profile Picture

yes thanks for that just about sorted out my css but the problem now is i installed nivo slider and the images jump before transition i must apologise for my messy css thanks jez ukvanparts dot com
  7. CSS & JS/DOM Adept

It seems to be caused by the "top" and "left" declarations in the ".nivoSlider img" rule.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  9. No Profile Picture

well what can i say nice one its working fine. now i can carry on and get the site up and running thankyou a lot you have saved me a lot of head scratching thanks jez
  11. No Profile Picture

show us your code so we can help you with the problem

Comments on this post

• DonR disagrees : try reaqding through the posts..the OP posted their website link in post #3, otherwise Kravvitz wouldn't have known how to help.
  13. No Profile Picture

all gone pear shaped

hi im still here scratching my head i did some changes on my site and it all works fine in firefox and chrome but in ie my right div is stuck at left side of screen and image slider dont work funny thing is on my wifes computer it works in ie and we both have the same ie 9.
    also at work we have ie 8 and it works on one computer but not the other
    also when i preview my local site its ok i know i should start again as my css is a mess but i need this up and running could anybody please help its a weird one thanks jez
    i cannot post a link as i am a neewbi but i think in earlier post (3) you can see name heres hoping jez
  15. CSS & JS/DOM Adept

It sounds like IE might be using an older rendering mode. Open the developer tools in IE (one way is by pressing the F12 key) and check which "Browser Mode" and "Document Mode" are set to. Make sure that they are set to the newest one available.

Are you aware that your page contains a few XHTML errors?
    http://validator.w3.org/

17. No Profile Picture

my computer is displaying in ie 7 (document mode) when i click to change to ie9 its fine i have just imported another file to my page that i know works ( i used it to build my site and is still online at a different address) and its the same it dont work does this point to a css problem?
    jez
    all other sites on the web display in correct mode
  19. No Profile Picture

i clicked compatability view and it displays correctly
    why did it show in this view? and can i stop it doing this in other peoples browsers?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo