1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Internet explorer AHHHH!!

I have my website look exactly how I want it on Firefox and Safari. I checked it on IE 7 and it looks all out of wack! My design is a 3 column design with a column on the left that has a menu, the middle column has my content so far, and the right column is reserved for banners and links. The problem with IE is the left and right column meet and overlap in the middle of the page. How can I fix this without messing it up for the other browsers? my site is at www. highartculture .com. Thank you very much.
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

You should reconsider the CSS way of aligning 3 divs in a row. Use the float and clear properties.

http://webdesign.about.com/od/advanc...a/aa010107.htm
  5. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Welcome to DevShed Forums, highartculture.

IE versions before 8 have trouble properly aligning absolutely positioned elements that have neither their "left" nor "right" properties set to a length or percentage. More information: http://www.dynamicsitesolutions.com/...ing-left-auto/

However, like Kor, I recommend you float the columns instead of absolutely positioning them.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Learn CSS. | PHP includes | HTML Validator | CSS validator

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I actually had originally floated them but had problems so I tried absolute positioning it and thats when it got worse but it's because I forgot clear:both; so that fixed it. Thanks a lot. I'm just beginning to get the hang of CSS so that helped me out.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo