1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Joomla Suckerfish Menu, Site / Centering

Good Evening,

Am very glad to find this board. Am working on my first paid Joomla site - and the Suckerfish menu's do not seem to center, and I cannot find any directions on how to go about making them so.

Also, many sites I've visited will scale to the size of the window open (until too small) - am using the JNS Epic Pro Template and was wondering if there was any CSS feature to program the whole site to scale as best possible.

Hope this makes sense. Am not new to computers, but rather a newbie to Joomla and CSS (although I do know a little).

If any further info is required, please just advise.

Thanking you in advance ... going live on 7/1 ...
  3. Contributing User

CSS property margin:0px auto; usually centers whatever it's assigned to. You can try adding that and see what happens? I don't know suckerfish though.

If that doesn't work we'll need to see a link to your site to determine why it doesn't work. You can post a link like so:

www .google .com
    Quality European Web Hosting - LDHosting.com
    High Quality, Low Cost Web Hosting Services
    www.ldhosting.com
  5. No Profile Picture

Thank you LDHosting ...

for looking at my problem. Here's template.css code for the menu in question before your recommendation:

}

#jsn-ptoolbar {
    position: absolute;
    top: 3px;
    left: 70px;
    }

Am not sure where the proper place to input your suggestion in. I can send you the entire template.css and / or give you credentials to my Joomla and and host if it helps.

Current URL is http:// .69.89.31.246 /~rranchga

Am also getting an Invalid Token when a user logs in, logs out, then tries to log back in again. Just thought I'd throw that in here as well.

Again - thanks for all of your help -

Steve.
  7. Eager to learn
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Having the element position:absolute will negate any margin:0 auto declaration. Take it out. About your other problem, I'm afraid that is not CSS related so you might need to go to a server-side language forum to fix that.
    "Quality of responses may vary. I reserve the right to change my mind for any reason what-so-ever without admitting I was wrong. I'd prefer to change your mind however, it's easier on my ego". - jwdonahue

"so no-one has actually bothered to post an original quote ? what's wrong with making up your own?"
    - marnixR

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo