1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Links Not Clickable in IE Due to Overlapping Layers

I've spent a few hours researching this and I sure hope I'm not out of luck, because I'm not finding a solution. Here's my site (just a template):

http://kris.dreamhosters.com/mhw/

As the subject line says, the links at the bottom are not clickable in IE6 or IE7 and I know exactly what is causing it. In order to have those curved graphics on the bottom, I have them attached to separate divs and I need to use a negative margin on one to pull it up so they align. That div covers the div that the links are in making them unclickable in IE.

I've tried to move the links to the the other div, but that caused other problems in my template.

I read through this article:

http://www.vision.to/articles/the-difference-between-the-flow-and-positioning-for-web-pages.php

Tried positioning, Z-index, nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

EDIT: First idea removed... ill conceived.

You could also make the 'closure' div the width of your sidebar, then float the div left within your footer div.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Chocula,

Thanks for taking a stab at my problem, but I'm happy to report I figured it out.

I created a div inside the closure div and set it to a width of 200px and placed the background-image, height and width in there and it worked! Giving it further thought, maybe I could have done that with the closure block itself? Well, I don't care too much at this time, I'm just happy it's working the way I want!

I didn't correct it on the URL posted here so people have a chance to see the original and then consider my solution.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo