1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Margin problem in Safari.. but ok in IE and FF

Was hoping someone could help me with a problem I'm having with margins on this site robertehowarddirectory.com/viewcat.php?category=Art

In safari, the margins between each of the "featured" listings is 30px when it should be 8 (4 on the top of each listing, and 4 on the bottom).

This jacks up the layout of the site, pushing the featured listings too low, as you can see.

IN IE 7, 8 and Firefox, I have no problems, and the site displays fine.

Would appreciate any help on this issue, as I've been trying to solve the problem but have not found a solution. Thank you.
  3. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Welcome to DevShed Forums, LoopyChicken.

It seems fine in Safari 3.2 and 4 (for Windows). Which version(s) do you see the problem in?
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Learn CSS. | PHP includes | HTML Validator | CSS validator

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I had a problem in Mac v. 4.04. The problem didn't end up being with the stylesheet or the margins though, I was using a <br class="clearfloat" /> and once I changed it from a break to just a div (<div class="clearfloat></div>) it worked perfectly.

Thanks for your time.
  7. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Ah. I see. Do you realize that you could apply the clear property to some of the other elements and thus not need all of those clearing divs?
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Learn CSS. | PHP includes | HTML Validator | CSS validator

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo