1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Max print page size?

Hi,

I have written a php script that basically has weekly program for the users. Each user is able to customize each day of the week with activities and can print his weekly program.

Now the problem is that if a user puts many activities on a day (each activity has a description too) the program is not be printed inside margins, its cropped or something.

The weekly program is in an html table not just CSS. The page is by default printed landscape. Is there any way through CSS to specify the max PRINT width/height of the page and zoom in or zoom out the content accordingly in order for it to be printed always ok? So basically i want the content to be fitted in the predefined width/height

Any help appreciated,

Thanks in advance

p.s : i wasnt sure if this is a CSS problem or PHP
  3. No Profile Picture

anyone?
  5. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Welcome to DevShed Forums, BlazeMike.

CSS does not have control over things like that; its control over print media is limited. Users would need to manually adjust the print settings in their browser.

Some people choose to provide printable versions in PDF format for this reason.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  7. No Profile Picture

ok thank you

will try to see what i will do with that

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo