1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

(Noob) How do I get my text to wrap?

My text is going on and on. I want it to wrap and stay in within my border. How do I fix this? I made one page, and it wrapped, but it wrapped because I used the wrap feature in textwrangler...Now, on this new page, that won't work.

Also if the text is wrapping due to the wrap feature on my text editor, would that carry over to an actual website, since the code really doesn't contain any instructions to wrap?

Thanks
  3. Contributing User

Good evening Tom,

Can you post your HTML and CSS please?

Kind regards,

NM.
  5. No Profile Picture

Sorry, here it is. FYI, the pic is really big and takes up most of the left upper half of the page. The text is just going across the page., across the pic, and past the borders on both sides. That is what I want to fix. (The padding as I have it in the CSS was partially working, providing a space between the pic and the text, but no matter what value I put for the 3:00 position, the text just went to the right passed the border) I have also tried, for ex, margin:left 650px; margin:right 400px; to try to position my paragraph, but that isn't working either...Is there a directional order when setting margins?

Also, am I correct setting the px for padding in a clockwise direction? It seems I've read where the directional order is different at times; this too is confusing me. For example, the px that I have set for the pic, are not following this clockwise rule but they did move the pic off the border to the left 20px and downwards 60px.

Also, it's crazy, my h1 text wont center??? I don't see anything wrong with my CSS regarding that.

Sorry for the dumb questions, but I'm a total noob and teaching myself, and things always go wrong...Is CSS supposed to be so frustrating, or is it my ADD not getting along with the need to pay attention to details (feeling extremely dumb)?

Thanks
    Here is the [code]

<html>
    <head>

<style type= "text/css">

body {
    border: medium solid blue
    }

body {background-image:url(beagle3.gif);
    background-repeat:no-repeat;
    background-color: tan;
    background-position: 20px 60px;
    }

h1 {text-align: center; color: blue;
    }
    p { color: blue; padding: 50px 400px 0px 650px
    }

</style>
    </head>

<body>
    <h1> Practice Web Page!</h1>

<p> fhgdghfsgdfkfskjfkjfsjkfhsfhskjfhsjkfhjkshfjshfkjshfkjshfkjshfkjhfkjhsfjkhsfkjhskjfhkjsfhjkshfjkshfj kshfjkshfkjshfkjhfkjshfhskfhskjfhjkhfjkshfjkshdfkjhertoerutoierutoieutoiuertioueroitueoitueiotuoiert uoierutoieutioeutoietuioerutoierutierutioerutioeutiot</p>

</body>

</html>

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo