1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Angry

I am developing my first web product. All was going well until we tested in NS4.7*...since MOST CSS doesn't seem to work (and we are talking the simple stuff here), I added a bunch of redundant code so that it looks OK in NetsCRAPe.

Until I downloaded NS6. The pages look about as good as they did in NS4.7*, but the images are not being downloaded. They appear on *other* web sites, but not on mine. What the h*** is goin on??? Is there some reason I can't use relative image src urls?

I thought NS6 was supposed to be 'standards only'. If so, why doesn't all of CSS1 work? I noticed on the .CNET download page that NS6 only had a 35% approval rating. I'm about to log on and make it 34%...

If any one has an answer, it is much appreciated. Otherwise, thanks for letting me rant a little.

Ciao,
    Joel
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Joel,

ns is very picky to try to program in...including when you use css. since ie is very flexible with code, you can get away with some of the little things that ns will choke on. as far as ns6, it seems to display things more like ie, but it really is crap...they were under tremendous pressure to hurry and get it out to compete with ie explorer, and subsequently released a (known) bug-filled product. if you post (or email me directly) a *sample* of your code (lord knows i don't want the whole thing), i could better help you...hopefully. ;)

jason ;)
    --there's a madness to my method.--
    www.theartofsynapse.com

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo