1. Since 439000000
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Opera 7 and 8 display issues

here is the site
    http://142.177.157.241:8080/bikers/

Well, I have some work to do about opera and IE since they are slow in the browsers making or the standards compliance. Even Opera8 doesn't suport my site and I think that was just released not too long ago.

I think I'm going to be changing my browser of choice from Firefox to Netscape 8. I have the beta right now and it looks awesome and has all the functionality of Firefox I want plus it makes it easy to change between IE and netscape without actualy going to IE to see how my site looks. Two birds with one stone.
    Last edited by acidfourtyfive; May 2nd, 2005 at 10:23 PM.
  3. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

IE doesn't support position:fixed and only supports :hover on <a> elements.

Why do you have so many elements set to z-index:1 or z-index:2?

Writing Efficient CSS
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Learn CSS. | PHP includes | HTML Validator | CSS validator

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  5. Since 439000000
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Well I have soem z-indecies so that while scrolling you get a frames feel without having the scrolling content going over the header and footer.

I also had issues with pictures apearing underneath the text z-index-wise in the calendar and that looked horrible. It still doesn't fix the problems I was haiving in Opera, images still apear beneath text and colored blocks. I'm trying to fix issues with things apearing over others. I have so many levels of z-index because I lost track and I couldn't find the code...

...it was a lazy fix last night :P

Yeah I know IE has barely any compliance of CSS2 in it but I read somewhere there was a function, it seemded like, that was made by MS that was designed to replicate position:fixed but I can't find it again. I'm prety sure it was on these forums. I am 100% sure it was on A forum for web development.

Opera 8 fixed itself? I don't know why or how but even with m,ultiple chache clears all of a sudden tehis morning when I fired up opera my site was working 100% in opera 8. This is a great reliefe because it looked exactly the same as in IE when I left it last night.

PS.
    HAHAHA I actualy looked at my css and said that's gota be the dirtiest CSS I've ever seen, comparing it to the site s I use as examples. Thanks for that link!

PSS.opera isn't fixed
    Last edited by acidfourtyfive; May 3rd, 2005 at 11:24 AM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo