Thread: Pages jumping

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Pages jumping

Hi, I'm very new to building a website. I use wordpress and headway themes.
    My site url is youradminpro . com
    1. My pages jump when switching using the menu tabs. For example, when you go to the site and are on the home page, then click on "solutions" the page jumps. Then click on Resources and the background image moves.
    2. I have a horizontal menu with tabs that "jump" up when main menu item or submenu item is active. This works with every menu tab except when the main tab "solutions" is active. The main "solutions" tab does raise when the solutions subpages are active.
    I cannot figure out what css I need to change to fix these 2 problems. Could you please take a look and give me some advice? thanks!
    Abby
  3. No Profile Picture

The first problem is due to the size of the content. Notice that as the page jumps, scroll bars appear on the side or the bottom, or both. Some page content fills only the screen, so the scroll bar disappears. Some content fills more than 1 screen height-wise, and so a scroll bar appears, making the background and other elements jump (since this is a liquid design, scroll bars affect the width and positioning of elements on the page).

Making all content similar will prevent the jumps - stretching the short content beyond one page and removing content that takes up more than 1 screen horizontally.

Hope that helped at least a little.
  5. No Profile Picture

thanks still having problem

Hi, thanks for input. I have made some changes which helped but still having problem with one menu item - Client Area. There's something about that item or the 2 sub-menu items that is causing a horizontal scroll-bar. I cannot figure it out through firebug. Could someone take a look and give some advice? thanks!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo