1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Parent, Child height issues...

Ok, so I have the 3 floated divs in the container named "float-box".
    What I want (and I am sure I have a bunch of unnecessary mark-up) is for those 3 floats to extend the total height of the parent container. Now I know there is some other things going on there and I can prove that they aren't.
    The div that contains the discount is the one I'd most like to control. If the "about us" section is going to extend that long. I'd prefer the coupon section extend the same height. Since I can't predict the variations in cross-browser font changes I don't want the code breaking apart or the boxes to appear unequal.
    I would appreciate any help on this matter. It drove me nuts for about 2 hours last night trying about anything to try and fix it.

Also, can anyone tell me why my image carousel doesn't align to the top of the page without a negative margin? I've been told negative margins are semantically bad mark-up. I am trying to avoid this at all costs.

I really appreciate the help on these two issues. I know there is a simple fix I just can't figure it out.

It won't let me post the link to my code..
  3. JavaScript is not spelt java
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

As you are unable to link to a page you'll need to supply some relevant code, wrapped in [CODE] tags.

Have you tried Googling? "css equal height columns"
    One of many

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo