1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Which platform is good for website..?

Which platform is good for website..?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Are you aiming as to which is best to run servers? Well, many lean *nix, which I kinda favor as well, but even run Windows Server 2008 on a few of mine. I kinda define the best setup to be a bare software w/ power in its hardware.

I don't mean bare as in it can't do anything. It's like me and my PC. I refuse to buy a store-bought PC. I build my own from scratch, n install plain Windows on it. This way the computer has ONLY what I want running on it, and none of the "offerings" that come preloaded on it from the store, and using your space and power without your desire of such. This helps hardware to run more dedicated towards the server software you wish to have running and offer to its best performance.
    He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
  5. No Profile Picture

Wordpress is probably your best bet. I think it has more developer support behind it but you can't go wrong with any of the 3 main ones.
  7. No Profile Picture

WordPress is my only love. This platform is so great. If you want to you can use thousands of free themes and suit them to your need and extend usability with lots of plugins or you can take raw theme like Roots and build your own customized theme. Cheers !

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo