1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Positioning issue - stylesheet not updating

Hello,

First of all, here's the website in question:
    taradox.net/test/mission.html

I'm trying to do 2 things: create a 20 px margin on the top between the header image and the edge of the site, and make the text line up with the navigation.

The CSS for the header is:

#header {position: absolute; top: 20px; left: 152px; z-index: 3;}

I'm using Dreamweaver, and it shows up perfectly when I preview it, but when I try to upload the stylesheet none of my changes show up. To make sure the upload was successful, I tried downloading the file and everything appears as it should.

I can't figure out whether this is a silly problem with my code that I'm overlooking or an issue with the upload. Any suggestions? All your input and expertise is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Tara
  3. Contributing User

Looks fine to me - have you used Alt+refresh when viewing in the browser to re-load the CSS rather than your browser using the cached version?
  5. No Profile Picture

Weird! Before I posted my message I cleared the cache several times as well as the history but that didn't do anything. I haven't touched it in the past few hours, but just after reading your message I tried again and it's fine now. I've never had such a long lag between clearing and seeing my updates before.

Thanks for the shortcut tip! Pretty handy.
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by to1185
    Hello,

First of all, here's the website in question:
    taradox.net/test/mission.html

I'm trying to do 2 things: create a 20 px margin on the top between the header image and the edge of the site, and make the text line up with the navigation.

The CSS for the header is:

#header {position: absolute; top: 20px; left: 152px; z-index: 3;}

I'm using Dreamweaver, and it shows up perfectly when I preview it, but when I try to upload the stylesheet none of my changes show up. To make sure the upload was successful, I tried downloading the file and everything appears as it should.

I can't figure out whether this is a silly problem with my code that I'm overlooking or an issue with the upload. Any suggestions? All your input and expertise is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Tara
    try this..
    <div id="header" style="margin-top:20px;">..
    and i am not getting 2 problem please describe more...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo