Thread: First Post here

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Smile First Post here

Hi everyone! My first post here, I was wondering how to clear:right correctly.

My add seems to be over lapping the right div.

Any suggestions on code. Example would be the link below.
    blure(dot)com/QynV

Thanks in advance.

jp
  3. No Profile Picture

I guess...

since im a new user i can't post a link to describe my problem?
  5. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Welcome to DevShed Forums, blure.

As you found out new users are restricted from posting URLs until they have made 5 posts. You may need to get around this by leaving out the "http://" and putting a space before each ".". Yes this rule is annoying, but the administrators say it's necessary for limiting spam.

What you're asking is not clear to me. The ad is on the left side of the page here?
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  7. No Profile Picture

Sorry i posted the wrong link ... i figured it out i think I had the wrong size add link...lol silly me
    blure . com /sharE/?b_id=10&img=wli7nro4eove.jpg
  9. No Profile Picture

:)

I suppost thats understandable about the links as far as preventing spam.

Thank You Kravvitz

I have been off and on coding since 1999. Now I am trying to learn as much as I can.
    I know javascript, php, html and just starting to dable in css. and it is quite challenging
  11. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

CSS is quite different from most other languages. It has few similarities to most markup languages and it's quite different from programming/scripting languages. Also its use is influenced a lot by the differences between the implementations in the various web browsers. So it takes getting used to, but is quite useful (and necessary) for modern web pages.

Out of curiosity, do you have experience with the new features in PHP 5.x or do you just know PHP4 or PHP3?
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo