1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Preview external site with custom CSS

Is there any way to take an external site that I have no code access to (for example: google.com) and preview it with my own custom CSS?

I can preview changes to google.com by using FireFox or a similar tool... But I want to be able to see the external site in my own site (kind of like an iframe) but with my own custom block of CSS.

Any ideas?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

You want visitors to your site to see another site with your custom skin? I suppose you could use server side script to pull in the external site, though if it's not a site you own it's not exactly a nice thing to do. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by rdoyle720
    You want visitors to your site to see another site with your custom skin? I suppose you could use server side script to pull in the external site, though if it's not a site you own it's not exactly a nice thing to do. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
    That's exactly what I'm trying to do!

But it's nothing malicious... I need it for a few different things, but basically along the lines of showing potential customers examples of what I could do with their sites before we exchange passwords, code, etc.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo