1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Pseudo pop-up box

On my website, I have a need to keep a div open but hidden from view during operation. I have managed that so far with display:hidden in the CSS.

The DIV in question is a task manager and logging system that shows who is connected and what they have been doing whilst logged in. It can be viewed by clicking a button as there is some javascript that changes it from hidden to full display, but it pushes the content down the page.

I have since seen a different website along a similar line that hides the div and when opened, the div sits on top of the existing page WITHOUT using an alert box or opening a new window, and without pushing the content down the page.

Here's the structure of the page.

<div id="mainbody">
    <div id="header">Logo, tagline, login box</div>
    <div id="menu">Menu, and button to show hidden</div
    <div id="page_content">The content of the current page, brought in as an include using php</div>
    <div id="statuslog"> Hidden div</div>
    <div id="footer">Footer menu and hit counter etc...</div>
    </div>

The hidden div is actually part of a different piece of software that is "monitoring" the URLs on the site and for the sake of speed not something I can easily replicate. It's called using the dreaded <iframe> tag.

Any ideas on how I can open this div in the background and then bring it to the front when called. I also need to send it to the back when not needed using a similar button.

Thanks.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

OK - i've managed to blag it successfully. Thanks!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo