1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Responsive Code Only Works on Home Page

Hey all,

I have a multi-page site and I'm trying to make it responsive to different screen sizes using @media queries. So far, it's working just fine... on the home page. Every other page just won't do it - I open the site up on my phone and the home page is doing what I want it too, but the others won't. The structure of each page is exactly the same - a navbar, header, right column, left column, and footer, all structured using div tags. I can't think of any reason why these other pages would not work when the home page does. I'd appreciate any pointers you could give me.

For those interested, this is the website: imd(dot)edumedia(dot)ca/grif0163/mtm4006/final/index(dot)html

It would be a very, very long post if I quoted all my CSS, so here's a link to the css file itself: imd(dot)edumedia(dot)ca/grif0163/mtm4006/final/styles/style(dot)css
  3. No Profile Picture

Oh, and for the record, I'm still a student learning this, so some of you may be blinded by my horribly inefficient CSS. Apologies in advance
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

you only have the viewport meta tag in your home page source.
    add
    Code:
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
    in the head of your other HTML pages.
  7. No Profile Picture

......excuse me while I go lobotomize myself with a rusty spoon.

It's always SOMETHING, isn't it? Thank you very much for checking that out for me, I looked over my HTML a half-dozen times and never caught that.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo