1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Rounded corners, css conundrum

One problem I've had so far with CSS, is that I haven't found a good way to display rounded corners or anything that would change the perfect rectangle of a div. Previously, using tables, I would just set up a 9x9 table with a repeating background on the top bottom and sides, then an image in each corner. That allowed me a lot of flexibility.

Is there some sort of equivalent to this in CSS, or a way of getting around it?
  3. Wiser? Not exactly.
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

Putting an image in each corner is the only way more or less. Mozilla has a custom CSS directive called -moz-border-radius which will create a rounded corner, but of course, it will only work in mozilla (and other Gecko based browsers).

So basically, you just have to stick to images in the corners for now.
    Recycle your old CD's, don't just trash them

If I helped you out, show some love with some reputation, or tip with Bitcoins to 1N645HfYf63UbcvxajLKiSKpYHAq2Zxud
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Ok, so what if I want to do something more complicated, like a drop shadow? That really needs a repeating background on the top and bottom, do I just nest divs?
  7. what's your moniker?

the good folks over at alistapart.com gotcha covered; http://www.alistapart.com/articles/customcorners/

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo