1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy Site looks worse in Internet Explorer...

Hi,

I'm quite new at site design and CSS but I'm trying...
    If you take a look at my site http://www.stunnazine.com in firefox, it looks ok. But in Explorer, you'll notice it scrolls all the way to the right and the top banner and text moves all the way to the right too.

I've also noticed that when i work on my wide screen Sony Vaio txn29n, my site looks all weird in Firefox and even worse in Explorer, like the background expands all weird and the black navigation bar moves all the way to the left.

What can be done so that the layout looks consistent (and normal) on most browsers and computers?

I tried validator.w3.org but that didn't even seem to help...
  3. Eager to learn
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hi,

The problem is that if you set position absolute elements you have to set left:0; or some other left coordinate otherwise it will be based on auto coordinates which is influenced by text align which you set on the parent.

Also, overflow:no doesn't exist

Now that you have set coordinates you should be aware that scrolling will still exist bvecause your drop down div is 17,000 px wide.

Cheers

Comments on this post

• Arty Ziff agrees
    "Quality of responses may vary. I reserve the right to change my mind for any reason what-so-ever without admitting I was wrong. I'd prefer to change your mind however, it's easier on my ego". - jwdonahue

"so no-one has actually bothered to post an original quote ? what's wrong with making up your own?"
    - marnixR

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo