Thread: Split

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Split

Hi, i have a 'split-o-meter' on one of my forms on my site that allows a user to split an amount between two people.

I'm trying to decide which way the split-o-meter should move and represent the percentage split between the two users.

As you can see in the attached, if you want to give Peter more, you move the split button to the left towards Peter... BUT some of my test users think that the bar itself should represent the proportion allocated to Peter and Paul, so they think that the position that the bar is in now (attached) should mean that Peter has 30% and not 70%.

What is your opinion on this?

A - you think it is ok the way it is now, OR

B - you think that the current bar / split position should mean that Peter has 30% and not 70%

3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

I vote B.

If you are looking at the progress bar, to me, the larger portion of area is towards Paul..which would represent a larger portion of the bill.
  5. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I also vote B.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Cool, thanks guys

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo