1. A Change of Season
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

How can I stop a fixed position div from going over the footer?

Hello;

The right column has to be fixed but if you scroll down it goes over the footer. What would be the correct way to stop this?

Thank you

This is the page .
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Firstly I really need to implore you to get rid of your tables for layout (this is about 10 years out of date for styling and developing a website's layout) and also move your css styles into an external stylesheet (i.e. not inline with your page code).

With regard to your actual issue, as far as I am aware, this is only possible with JavaScript and as I am not an expert in JS I can't give you the code so you wil have to research it I am afraid.
  5. A Change of Season
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by simplypixie
    Firstly I really need to implore you to get rid of your tables for layout (this is about 10 years out of date for styling and developing a website's layout) and also move your css styles into an external stylesheet (i.e. not inline with your page code).

With regard to your actual issue, as far as I am aware, this is only possible with JavaScript and as I am not an expert in JS I can't give you the code so you wil have to research it I am afraid.
    Hello how are you? Tables are 10 years out of date? I believe they are very helpful, I see Facebook and quite few other big websites use them as well.
    Code:
     Like this in Facebook:<table class="uiGrid fbChatSidebarFooter" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td><div clas
    Anyways, style have to be moved out 100% agree.

So actual issue is not achievable with CSS? Are you sure?
  7. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Yes I am sure tables are out of date (unless they are being used for what they were intended - tabular data). Your layout should be set using CSS.

The table you reference has been used once on the facebook page for the chat sidebar - there are no other tables in the page you have looked at, they use CSS.

As for your issue, yes I am quite sure that this is only achievable with Javascript.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo