1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Wink Sub Menu Too Big, How do I fix?

In my header.php file, I have a special CSS submenu, unfortanately it is pushing all my page content down. How do I fix. Here is a link to look at what I mean: jonathancrowe.com/blog

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
  3. Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Did you set a z-index? Shows up fine for me in Opera 9.5x. IE7 shows the sub menu all in one line, though no content being pushed down.
    Use markup the semantic way. You wouldn't want your dog answering the phone for you, would you?
    HTML Validator || CSS Validator -- HTML / CSS Main forums. JavaScript and PHP...maybe
    Bones: HTML; Skin: CSS; Muscle: JavaScript; Brains: PHP; Memory: MySQL
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by groundscape
    Did you set a z-index? Shows up fine for me in Opera 9.5x. IE7 shows the sub menu all in one line, though no content being pushed down.
    Yeah its pushing my blog down like 100 pixels. i don't want that much space between my menu and my blog. there is a z-index of 1. not familiar with those, is that what i want?
  7. Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Can you tell me which browser this is happening to you in? Can you screenshot it? Showing fine for me over here. Though I may not be using the correct browser because you haven't told me. You are in quirks mode. Add a DTD to your site. Before <html> add
    Code:
    <!DOCTYPE html
    PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
    Use markup the semantic way. You wouldn't want your dog answering the phone for you, would you?
    HTML Validator || CSS Validator -- HTML / CSS Main forums. JavaScript and PHP...maybe
    Bones: HTML; Skin: CSS; Muscle: JavaScript; Brains: PHP; Memory: MySQL
  9. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

The first step in debugging should always be making sure that your code is valid.
    http://validator.w3.org/
    http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

Perhaps you want to decrease the height you set on the <table> that belongs to the "headermenu" class.

Why should you avoid using tables for layout?
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Learn CSS. | PHP includes | HTML Validator | CSS validator

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo