1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Text showing up differently in resolutions

Hey guys, I am about to pull my hair out trying to figure this out...

I cannot get my text to show up the same in all resolutions ...some browsers the text bleeds from the wrapper to the footer...others it shows just right...also some browsers show my text wrapping correctly with <br> tags around pictures...others it bleeds onto pictures...
    here is the site :

endtimemissions.org/sbook/index.html

also heres the screen shots showing the difference...

endtimemissions.org/sbook/images/bleeding.png

endtimemissions.org/sbook/images/notbleeding.png
  3. No Profile Picture

Without having your HTML and CSS handy, it's hard to find out what the true problem is. From a visual standpoint, it seems that if you are using DIV containers, the main one isn't allowing the background image to repeat. But as I said, that's from a visual standpoint without looking at the CSS or the HTML.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Minato
    Without having your HTML and CSS handy, it's hard to find out what the true problem is. From a visual standpoint, it seems that if you are using DIV containers, the main one isn't allowing the background image to repeat. But as I said, that's from a visual standpoint without looking at the CSS or the HTML.
    Thanks for the reply but I posted links to the site...you can use firebug or google dev tools to see code
  7. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Welcome to DevShed Forums, mwatkinsevang and Minato.

The main content is text embedded in a background image. What do you think we can do to help you with that?

@Minato Web browsers have pretty much always had a "View (Page) Source" feature (to look at the HTML). Most browsers these days have additional developer tools available (some even include such tools by default). If you're using Firefox, the two most important are Firebug and Web Developer.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Kravvitz
    Welcome to DevShed Forums, mwatkinsevang and Minato.

The main content is text embedded in a background image. What do you think we can do to help you with that?
    The main content div has a background image with another div nested inside to hold the text...the problem is it changes based upon screen resolution...see the screenshots i posted to see what im talking about.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code

The main content div has a background image with another div nested inside to hold the text
    That's not what I'm seeing; #mainleft contains a single background image: http://endtimemissions.org/sbook/images/vol1BG.png

That background image contains both the background image and the text.

#mainleft does contain the div #contentbox, but it is empty.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  13. No Profile Picture

AH sorry...Its been updated temp. with a picture instead of text so that it accommodates all resolutions until its fixed..

Click "Volume II" to see what im talking about.

endtimemissions.org/sbook/vol2.html
  15. CSS & JS/DOM Adept

Avoid setting the height property on elements that contain text. Use the min-height property instead. Also it looks like you would find the background-position and background-repeat properties useful here.

Please use proper headings (e.g. <h1>, <h2>, ... <h6>) instead of <span>s and <br>s.

P.S. You might find these interesting:
    http://meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/raggedfloat/demo.html
    http://www.theboxoffice.be/
    Last edited by Kravvitz; February 19th, 2013 at 10:04 PM.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  17. No Profile Picture

MANY THANKS to all who commented and posted....Really helped and I see what I have done wrong. Thanks!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo