1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Problem on my website

Hi! Thanks in advance for helping me out!

The slider at the top of my website (drclairgoldberg.com) is not aligned correctly in firefox, but is perfect in chrome.

Any ideas?
  3. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Welcome to DevShed Forums, jordfan.

That's a head-scratcher all right. IE9 and IE8 have the same issue as Firefox.

I think I see what's causing the problem though think it is not supposed to. Anybody else see it? Hint: what's in the "row" above it and what styles does the "row" have?
    Last edited by Kravvitz; April 4th, 2013 at 01:24 PM.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  5. No Profile Picture

Hello
    Now, I must admit that I did not have the energy to look through all of your source code to figure out what your slider was called and what CSS is used to place it, so if my suggestion here does not work, I would like you to paste it here for me to try and help further
    I recently had a similar problem with a Nivo slider on my webpage, and I fixed it by setting the containing DIV's position to relative and making a compound class named
    #slidercontainername img {
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    }

I hope this works out for you If not, please post the relevant source code on here so that we can try and help further
  7. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by Anarasha
    I recently had a similar problem with a Nivo slider on my webpage, and I fixed it by setting the containing DIV's position to relative and making a compound class named
    #slidercontainername img {
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    }
    That is one solution. However, I had a simpler one (or at least requiring fewer additional declarations) in mind.

Originally Posted by Anarasha
    Now, I must admit that I did not have the energy to look through all of your source code to figure out what your slider was called and what CSS is used to place it, so if my suggestion here does not work, I would like you to paste it here for me to try and help further
    Which browser is your primary development browser? It sounds like you aren't aware of the development tools that are widely available these days.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  9. No Profile Picture

Kravvitz: What did you have in mind? I am always curious to learn
    My main development browser is Firefox, but I use Chrome at school you are indeed right, I don't know any development tools - do you have some good ones you could suggest?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo