Thread: Width on menu

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Width on menu

Problem solved.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Well first, for things to render correctly from browser to browser, the page needs a doctype, which your link does not. In fact, your link doesn't have a <head>, <body>, etc. If you're using this as an include file, you should show us the page it's being included in.

Second, if you want the width to be 931px, you shouldn't set it to 100% elsewhere, which you're doing in the CSS above and attempting to do (incorrectly) in the HTML below.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by rdoyle720
    Well first, for things to render correctly from browser to browser, the page needs a doctype, which your link does not. In fact, your link doesn't have a <head>, <body>, etc. If you're using this as an include file, you should show us the page it's being included in.

Second, if you want the width to be 931px, you shouldn't set it to 100% elsewhere, which you're doing in the CSS above and attempting to do (incorrectly) in the HTML below.
    Well, the irony about this is that I only wrote 100% becaus I thought it would help making it only 931 px.
    Then I realized that it did nothing, though I forgot to erase it..

I do have a <head>& <body>, an entire website actually, but I did not give you the link to it since it's not done and I would not like anyone to see it yet since it is sort of failed and I have not setup my real domain yet.

But if it does help you - helping me - (lol) than here is the link: *I HAVE NOW REMOVED THE LINK BECAUSE MY PROBLEM IS SOLVED*

It is only a test-version (as you can see) and I would not like my (incredibly short lol) source-code copied and pasted here, only the menu-code.

Is it possible to fix my menu? Or do I have to erase everything? :3
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I tested it on all the browsers I have access to (IE8, Safari 5 and Firefox 11) and the menu is exactly the same width on all of them.
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by rdoyle720
    I tested it on all the browsers I have access to (IE8, Safari 5 and Firefox 11) and the menu is exactly the same width on all of them.
    Yeah, but it doesn't work with IE9 (not 8) - unless you install a special fix for it and I don't think very many people do that :S
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I don't have IE9 here so I can't verify that. I don't know of a reason why IE9 would display any differently -- maybe someone with it will jump in.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo