1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How to wrap text to news line above existing line

On my cms site user can insert a title, however when they insert a very long text, this title is placed on 2 lines. The default behavior is that this second line is placed below the first line, as one would expect. However this cause my layout to be misaligned. Instead I would like that the text just up 1 line, so i maintain my sitedesign. I explain with an image.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

It's tough to say without knowing the html/css that you are using to achieve the current layout, but you're going to have to play around with the containers that are holding this information in order to get the effect you want.

The element that is holding the title needs to be in a block, with the height set to auto, and probably a vertical-alignment of top. And then I'd imagine you are going to want the selected project + the links that are being pushed down to be inside a shared container, also a block element, which would result in them being pushed down together.

I don't necessarily think you can control the flow upwards. I could be wrong, but I have never come across that type of control.
  5. No Profile Picture

Hello,

I completely agree to what Slime is saying. Can you post some of your code here. That would really be helpful. Setting the height to auto as suggested here must work for you. Have you tried it?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo