1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Trouble with BOLD in CSS link styles

This sounds really odd I'm sure, but here's my problem:

I am using one style sheet attached to my html files. I am also not applying font attributes to my text or links except for with the style sheet.

I have my regular links set to "bold" in the css file. I have other links set to "class=plain" in the href tags of the html files.

The styles work just fine in every regard EXCEPT for the font-weight attribute. Whenever I have the regular links set to "bold", it over-rides the ".plain" class's font-weight of "none" making the links with "class=plain" bolded when they shouldn't be! When I change the regular links to font-weight "none", the ".plain" links show none (as they should).

My CSS for the links in the style sheet looks like this:

------

a:link, a:visited, a:active {font-family: Arial, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; color: #336699; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: none;}

a:hover {font-family: Arial, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; color: #333333; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: none;}

.plain, a:link.plain, a:visited.plain, a:active.plain {font-family: Arial, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; color: #333333; font-weight: none; text-decoration: none;} a:hover.plain {font-family: Arial, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; color: #666666; font-weight: none; text-decoration: none;}

------

I've also attached my entire style sheet.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Files
  3. Wiser? Not exactly.
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

Try using font-weight: normal in your .plain class, not font-weight: none
    Recycle your old CD's, don't just trash them

If I helped you out, show some love with some reputation, or tip with Bitcoins to 1N645HfYf63UbcvxajLKiSKpYHAq2Zxud
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Works like a charm! I think I originally got faulty information about font-weight values. Go figure. Thanks!!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo