1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Simple CSS Issue

Ok, I bought the manual on css but still can seem to resolve what I am sure is a simple issue for someone out there. Please browse to http://tmh.netdbs.com/turnkey You see the left column, I put a red background color in just to troubleshoot, the div it is specifying the color for should ALWAYS stretch to pages bottom? What is going on here? I can't get it to do that? Thanks so much. I set the height to 100%??? Tom
    Today the world, tomorrow the universe...
  3. Big Daddy
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Hmmmmmm...

What you could do is add another div below the "container" id. Take a snippet of the navbg.gif image (the GREEN part). I don't know, maybe 50px high. Then, create the other div with THAT image as the background and repeat it. It'll then stretch to the bottom.

The height:100% doesn't work because you're not stretching a color, you're trying to stretch a static image. Doesn't work. There is another way to do it, but that is probably the easiest thing to do.

Hope this makes sense, it's hard to explain what I mean... I have it in my head, though.

Chris
    Pop, pop, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is!
  5. Big Daddy

I made a quick test page for you. Is this what you wanted? It's a little rough, though...

Chris
  7. Big Daddy

Oh, and by the way. You might want to take a look at your site in Mozilla...
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hey,thanks so much, that is frightening after looking at it in Netscape, it must have to do with the backgrounds, yes?
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Here is something interesting, if you have a containig div, and want it to be 100% of the height in both IE and NS, add a style for html{
    height:100%;
    }

It worked great, at least so far testing with background-layer-color: and background-color selectors...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo