Thread: CSS

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I am using CSS and div blocks to build my site. When using IE 5.5 and a hover on my menu. The menu expands and when it retracts a new border seems to be written. This does not happen with NS 6 though.

Can someone please give me an idea of what may be wrong.

Code snippets:

http://www.computermutt.com/index.html

a.menu{color:#ffffff;text-decoration:none;font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;}
    A.menu:hover{color:#ffff33;text-decoration:none;font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;}
    div.menuHome{position:absolute;margin-top:25px;margin-left:11px;padding:3px;width:100px;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;color:#ffffff;border-style:solid;border-color:#000000;
    background-color:#7d8a96;border-width:1px;}
    div.menuLinks{position:absolute;margin-top:25px;margin-left:107px;padding:3px;width:100px;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;color:#ffffff;border-style:solid;border-color:#000000;
    background-color:#7d8a96;border-width:1px;}
  3. No Profile Picture
    Seņor Member
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Exclamation Try an earlier version of Netscape first.

First, you are using code that isn't supported by even Netscape 4. Get rid of your @import and pull the CSS in using
    Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<URL>"></link>
    where <URL> is the URL to your css file.

Second, Netscape 6 expects case-sensitive CSS -- make sure that you use the exact case in your .css file when referencing your declarations.

Try those things, and if you're still having problems let me know and I'll look again.
    Michael

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo