1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Using CSS on text only sites

Ive just finished building my site and ive implemented a text only alternative. I have not used CSS deliberately as i am unsure whether this, in some cases, is not supported by certain browsers. Reason i ask is because i want to specify font size as a % rather than px or pt so that end users can change the view to text "small" or "large" Would i be better off doing this in the html or by attaching a CSS?

Thanks in advance,

cuban
    I came to bring the rain!
  3. Retired
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Presonally, I would leave out CSS altogether. If you use the correct structure, then everything will shrink / exand as desired anwyay, ie.
    <h1></h1>
    <h2></h2>
    <p></p>
    <h3></h3>
    <p></p>
    etc....

Cheers,
    Jamie

>_ skiFFie ? | Twitter

Let the might of your compassion arise to bring a quick end
    to the flowing stream of the blood and tears .....
    Please hear my anguished words of truth.

5. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

cubanallstar83,

Check out the W3C website. There you can learn about the newly proposed Web standard norms that ALL browsers/developers/etc must comply to in order to ensure compatibility & standardisation. You will also learn CSS is highly recommended by W3C, although not fully supported by all browsers (see http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/#browsers for a list of browsers that support CSS).

>> I have not used CSS deliberately as i am unsure whether this, in some cases, is not supported by certain browsers

Any web developer must use a HTML & CSS validator to make sure the page/site complies to the W3C norms. You can find additional information at: http://www.w3.org

Cheers,

|=#shAm4n

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo